Thursday, August 28, 2008

I'm feeling . . .

hollister
a little silly. Imagine that! This layout just got eye rolls from Caelan. I've had these photos since January and they really weren't very good. They're blurry but that's OK. It was the best I could do with available light. I took them on day when we went shopping at Hollister. You all can guess what it's like trying to take photos inside Hollister. And although I don't think anyone could ever top this description of what it's like to shop in Hollister, I had to go ahead and get them down on a layout anyway.

The "Hollister" is a section cut from the bag we brought a t-shirt home in. : )

A closer peek at the title area. I printed the journaling on a transparency and stapled it to the section of bag.
hollister 2

Since I know you can't read the journaling, here you go:

It's a funny thing. You walk into the store and it takes a minute for your eyes to adjust. You have to be careful or you might bump into someone else who didn't think to bring their flashlight. Then you leave and as your kid peeks into the bag with his new purchases he says, "I didn't know it was that color!" or "I didn't see that hole. Cool!" And yet he still wants to go back again. And you take him. Marketing geniuses.
Pin It!

15 comments:

Kristi Smith said...

LOL! I am shocked Caelan let you take photos of him in Hollister. Did you tell him he could buy a shirt as long as you could take photos???

That place is too dark, it is ridiculous. I am glad Cole is not into that yet. Love the title. You are most clever with titles.

I wonder if Stacey is still decorating gift cards. ;)

Kendra said...

He was not happy with me for having my camera out but we were in KC so there was no chance we'd see any of his friends. He tolerated it. : )

momma_arch said...

Did you notice that you have to be the size of a twig to fit their clothes? Maybe thats why it's so dark, so bigger people can't tell what we look like in the clothing. I commend you for embarrassing him with your camera out in public. Please tell my kids I am not the only one that does this.

Kendra said...

LOL! I'll be so glad when fitted, see-through t-shirts are no longer fashionable. Where is a grown woman to get CUTE t-shirts that hide our tummies and our bras and don't fit like a tourniquet around the armpits? Why do all the shirts have to touch your armpits?!!

Kristi Smith said...

I was going to pack away some t-shirts of mine for you (too small for me), then I remembered how you hate them tight under the armpits and I KNOW you don't want my old turtlenecks. ;)

Liesbeth said...

Wow I'm sure that my 15 year old would LOVE that store... we don't have anything like that over here! I love your title - very creative and very appropriate for the subject! Dennis loved the layout but he thought that he wouldn't have let me take pictures!

Erica said...

You forgot about the pounding bass that makes you want to stick a couple of those toothpick-sized girls in your ears to deaden the noise :p

Kendra said...

Ah, sarcasm at its finest. Good one E!

Emily Pitts said...

i'm just impressed you took your camera :) it always looks like that store is closed. i guess i was wrong.

stacyj said...

Kendra,

I LOVE this page and am so glad you shared it with me. I've just shared it on my blog!

I too am impressed that you took your camera -- next time!!

cathyzielske said...

Saw this on Stacy J's blog. CRACKED me up. That place is spooky. Plain and simple.

ang11rock said...

Oh yeah, can totally relate. My youngest (age 8) refuses to go into the store with us, he claims he's going to have an asthma attack from all the cologne/perfume they spray around (besides the noise). :)

Happy Daisy AZ said...

Great post and terrific layout!

Gayle said...

Fabulous layout and journaling perfection! I refuse to go into Hollister any more. My 15 yo just goes herself (though she's more of a Hot Topix kinda teen).

Debi said...

Love the LO. We just got a Hollister in a local mall (we had never been in and had no idea what it was about) and my 4 year old son walked through the whole store with his hands over his ears and shouting at me. "MAMA!! WHY DO YOU WANT TO BE HERE??" LOL!! I relate to Erica - the girls that work there are definitely toothpicks. Insane. NOT the message for my 9 year old girl!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails