Monday, October 6, 2008

Three Things

A few things to share today.

First, a layout from the September/October issue of Memory Makers magazine. I was asked to create a school-themed layout. As Caelan progressed through track season, I documented his mile times from his meets on the tags.
go back in time

Second, a layout from the October issue of Creating Keepsakes magazine. Can you tell I was lovin' those Cosmo Cricket newsprint letters?
words of wisdom

If you've followed my blog for awhile, you'll recognize this layout. If you don't, the pocket contains a letter Caelan wrote to Will. I'm supposed to always include a disclaimer that Caelan wrote this when he was 7. ; )

Dear Will,

If you want to be a good person you should follow God and follow the ten comandments which are. Honor you father and mother. Treat your neighbor as your self. Honor means to mind and help and the neighbor i'm talking are poeple all around you. you shall read the bible somtime every mornin and every night. This isn't one of the comandments. You should not say these bad words dame shit crap God Geez. Shit and crap mean poop only their bad words for poop. If you hear any one say shit crap dame God or piss or Geez don't listen to them even if its me.

I wrote this letter because I love you and I don't want you to get in trouble.

Love
Caelan

Good words to live by, don't you think?

Third on the list today is a link I'm adding to my sidebar under the heading Making A Difference. It includes information for an upcoming crop to raise money for Barceda Families. This is a wonderful local organization that provides a wide range services to families, including domestic violence prevention programs, teen parenting education, parenting skill education for foster parents, support for families with children with special needs. I can't say enough good things about Barceda. Karen Taylor has organized this crop to raise funds for cribs for pregnant teens enrolled in their parenting education program to ensure their baby has a safe place to sleep. I'll be teaching a class at the crop so if you're local, please consider helping Karen out by attending the crop and maybe taking a class or two.

And that's it for today! Hope you all have a wonderful week!
Pin It!

7 comments:

Pam said...

That letter is priceless! I love the page well what pages of yours don't I love! I need some of those letters!

Lynette van Barrelo said...

I DO recall the layout but the letter includes some toilet words that weren't there last time I read it! It cracks me up! There is a diamond behind that penmanship! Bless his his wee heart!

I saw the layout of Caelan running in the magazine and recognised your style before I recognised him.

PS When I sub 's' for 'z' in the word 'recognise' does it grate on your nerves???

Jennifer Stewart said...

Gorgeous layouts, Kendra! And that letter...oh man, what a treasure! :)

Jennifer

Jayna said...

Just found your blog. That letter is AWESOME! I love it!!

momma_arch said...

Hey girl I was glad to see you post the one you were telling me about. Priceless..for you and priceless embarrassment for him! Did he forget anything for practice today..head gear maybe? That one I need to have a picture of and it would be priceless! Thanks for the reminder I am slow at posting but the champs are up. See ya Thursday

Davinie said...

I have been meaning to come here and say hello. After reading the little blurb about you in the October issue with this layout I was reminded of all the chicken fun we used to have with you and Stacey and poop stories. Gal dang I miss that action.

tania said...

that.letter.is.awesome.

Related Posts with Thumbnails