Sunday, April 26, 2009

Day 114/365

april 24

I created a bit of a controversy a few years ago when I blogged about this topic. Apparently it ranks right up there with politics and religion as a topic to be ignored when in the company of friends. However, I feel it is something about which it is worth risking a few ruffled feathers. It's something I'm very passionate about. I feel it is one of the greatest inventions of all time and not enough people are aware of what they are missing out on. And it's completely FREE!

This, my friends, is a cart return bin. Or a cart corral. I've also heard of it referred to as a buggy return. Whatever its name in your part of the world, if you are not using it, you are missing out on one of the greatest conveniences you will ever have the honor of utilizing. Nearly every store I shop in has many of these in their parking lot. The store is saying to us, "You can ignore what your parents taught you at a tender young age. You do NOT have to put things away where you found them. We will do it FOR YOU. All we ask is that you walk 30 feet (or less) from your car to this area and place your cart in it."

I feel with a little encouragement those who are currently using the bumper or fender of a neighboring car, a pebble under the wheel, or my favorite, strategic positioning within the imaginary force-field in the center of a neighboring parking space, to keep their cart from rolling across the parking lot and smashing into another car, might choose to give this a try. And they'll get to walk away, smiling, knowing they've brought joy to the lives of those who work hard for the money they invest in their cars. Everybody wins and you can't ask for more than that. : )
Pin It!

10 comments:

Ruth said...

I've been chastised. This was totally meant for me. I apologize. And will stop being the lazy woman with the 4 kids that are screaming, and just take it to the cart bin first. so as not to leave them unattended. not that anyone is gonna take them. they'd bring them right back.

Kendra said...

LOL, Ruth! Moms with young children were my biggest challengers last time. There are always exceptions. I see many more childless people than those with little ones in tow using the imaginary force-field. : )

Nancy W said...

I'm with you! My husband and I are one of a few in our kneck of the woods that seems to do this. Why is it so hard? Another thing that I like to do is when I am going into a store I like offer to take one from a nearby shopper as they are done unloading. Especially if they have kids or are elderly. Such a simple thing to do but it seems to be so hard for many. hugs from Conroe, TX!

LollyChops said...

HERE HERE!!!! I second the motion! Could not agree with you more!

reneevc said...

I agree completely!

Bridget said...

I so agree with you - it's just as bad in the UK. One of my pet peeves. :))

Pam said...

I too agree! I hate seeing carts rolling into cars!

Melinda said...

This is a huge pet peeve of mine! I get so annoyed when the mysterious scratch or ding shows up on your car and you know that there is a high probability that the cart did not quite stay in the force field but instead landed smack into the side of your vehicle.
Walk your bum to the corral people...really it is not that hard!
okay sorry...rant over!

suzie in mo said...

Amen, sister! leaving the carts in the lot conveys the heartfelt message "i am better than you, you deal with it." when i had little kids i parked next to the corral, though i do think store ought to provide parking next to the handicap spots for any person with two or more preschoolers!

momma_arch said...

No comment. I am guilty sometimes, sorry I will try harder.

Related Posts with Thumbnails