Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Day 130/365

may 10
When Caelan handed this to me on Mother's Day, iCried. I wanted one in the worst way but knowing we have a lot of other things we should be spending money on, I didn't ask for one. So it was a complete surprise.

And then iCried more when he gave me the card he made. Something everyone used to enjoy when Caelan was little was his handmade cards, always highly personalized with an illustration of something the recipient enjoyed. Now that he's getting older, it's been a few years since I got one. But I got the best one of all this year. He said he was tired of giving me plain old cards with a single fold so he made one with flaps. And under each flap was a reason he thinks I'm a great mom.

10 Reasons You Are a Great Mom

1. You have a sense of humor.
2. You encourage me.
3. You want what is best for me
4. You always accept me for who I am. (This is where the tears started.)
5. You aren't afraid to speak your mind. (I'm sure a few of you can attest to that!)
6. I can come to you for advice. (More tears. He's a 14-year-old boy!)
7. You are creative.
8. You do your part to support our family.
9. You provide me with a lot.
10. You care.

Dinner with a most awesome friend and a visit with my mom, little sis (who made me laugh until it hurt), and my Granny topped off a perfect day!
Pin It!

4 comments:

Kristi Smith said...

That made me tear up.

You deserve a great card like that, you are a great mom with great kids.

This, iKnow.

Jayna said...

Aw, that's so sweet! It sounds like you had a really great Mother's Day.

samkc89 said...

How very sweet. That card is proof that you are a great mom!

Pam said...

Awww, that is so sweet!

Related Posts with Thumbnails