Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Day 227/365

august 15
On Saturday, we took the boys to Worlds of Fun in KC. Will's face in this first photo pretty much sums up his entire day. This was as good as it got when he got on a ride that was outside of Camp Snoopy. We saw much, much worse. Many of the rides had signs indicating cameras, purses, backpacks, etc. were not allowed on the rides so I had take my camera back to the car. I did manage to get this next one with my phone.
august 15 2
This is waiting to board the Mamba which turned into quite an ordeal.


The ride was held up while 2 of the operators assured him he would, indeed, arrive back where we started with the car. At least 100 people standing in line waiting while the ride was held up raised a big ruckus. When Will said he was ready to go, they all cheered him on. Loudly. Waving t-shirts, pumping their fists, hoo-hoo-hooing, clapping. Awesome.



After that, I suggested trying upside down.

He wasn't game for it.



But this one, he LOVED it.




And I'm proud to say I conquered this one.

Anything taller than the 6 foot ladder at home and I'm paralyzed. Riding a roller coaster suspended from the track with nothing under my feet was big for me. It turned out to be my favorite ride in the park.






Shawn bravely climbed aboard this beast. He's rotationally challenged so he was at great risk of a technicolor yawn.

But the biggest conquest of the day goes to Caelan who forced himself to drink from the same beverage that had graced the lips of another human being. Because he saved us the $3.89 cost of his own personal fountain drink, he is my hero.

It was definitely a day of fortitude for the McCrackens.
Pin It!

3 comments:

Pam said...

I'm with Will, I wouldn't have gone on a single one of those! But good for him for conquering the ones he did!

reneevc said...

SOunds like a FANTASTIC day!Topped up with *NO* technicolor yawn & straw sharing. You can't beat that! :D

Kristi Smith said...

Lol, too funny. Poor little Will, did you force him into riding those? Shame on you. lol I really can't handle them anymore, make me sick. I used to love them though.

I hate sharing drinks.

I am so behind in reading blogs!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails