Monday, August 31, 2009

Day 230/365

august 18


This made me both happy and breathe a sigh of relief.

He's been a reluctant reader. He goes through all the steps, giving 100% effort every day as I teach him. He's right on course. But he doesn't love it the way his brother did. Being a lover of words, it's natural that I have a deep desire for him to also be a lover of words. His passions lie in areas that involve numbers, not letters. And that is fine. His daddy is a lover of numbers, too. They get each other!

While being a lover of numbers, not letters, is OK, I don't want him to be intimidated by reading. So when he brought his bedtime reading choice to me on this night and said, "I want to read it tonight," I smiled both inside and out. He was reading because he wanted to. He was not only reading because he wanted to, he was sharing it with me. Of course, Doggy was there to witness the whole thing, too.
Pin It!

3 comments:

Kristi Smith said...

Awww . . . so cute. I don't like letters or numbers. ;)

Kendra said...

But you like letters more than you like numbers. I think you do a swell job with letters! : )

Stacy said...

so sweet! Love that he has his Doggy. He has such a sweet innocence about him and love "hearing" you share about him :) What a lucky kiddo to have you as him mom!

Related Posts with Thumbnails