Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Fiskars Summer School

A new pretty apron, made for the Summer School program on the Fiskars website.


cherries apron finished

cherries apron inset

I LOVE aprons. And they're incredibly easy to make. This one, even with all the raw edges of the material being encased in bias tape, still only took about 2 hours to make. I used McCalls pattern #3979 for the apron (isn't it a fabulous design?) and a few Fiskars tools to create the round emblem in the center of it. Instructions can be found here. If you're thinking, "Gosh that's cute!" then make one! I promise you'll have a great sense of accomplishment with very little time invested. And link me to it if you do it!
Pin It!

9 comments:

rvc said...

That apron is AWESOME! But I need to see how it ties in the back. Where's that pic?? ;)

Kristi Smith said...

Gosh, that's cute! Can't sew . . . you will have to make me one. ;)

rvc said...

Great idea, Kristi!
You know, Kendra... my birthday was yesterday. You can send me one of these as a belated b-day present. I'll forgive your lateness.
;P

Pam said...

Adorable! I don't think I've ever worn an apron. I can only sew on scrapbook pages so I will get in line behind everyone else that wants one! :)

Erin said...

Super Cute...I love it!

kl said...

love. love. love!!!
xo

Amy Coose said...

How gorgeous!!! Hope you are doing well, I miss ya!

tammy said...

I'm lovin' it! I think I could look lots slimmer in this little beauty! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I love this !! I may just get back into sewing again and make this...I agree that it looks like it may be slimming =)
Jen Warden

Related Posts with Thumbnails