Monday, October 19, 2009

New Fiskars Article!

There's a new article up on the Fiskars website on making Fall mini-albums. The other girls who contributed made some really cute books so be sure to go to the website and take a look at them!

I made my mini-album from an old book I got at a thrift store.
fall mini book cover

A most-helpful tip I learned from my friend Stacey Kingman, who also contributed an album for the article. Instead of looking at 300 pages and wondering how you'll find enough to photos to cover every page, bind large groupings of pages together and make a few really thick pages. Not only does it reduce the amount of material you need to fill the book, it adds great dimension. I bound my pages together with lace trim.
fall mini book edge binding

And the inside.
fall mini book inset 1
I made all of the pages identical. Small frame at the top, journaling beneath. I got fancy and used my trusty #2 pencil for my journaling. I don't know why but I really like the look of penciled journaling. Maybe it brings back fond memories of all those sentences I wrote as a child. I will not talk in class. I will not talk in class. I will not talk in class. They say there's something soothing about repetition. Probably not the real reason, though. Following all that repetition was the part where I had to present the paper to my mother for her to autograph. Then again, maybe that's why I'm such a homebody. All that repetition of being grounded to the house.

To see more photos of the book, as well as the other mini-albums, click here. I promise there's some cute stuff there!
Pin It!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

What a clever idea! Thanks for sharing.

cashemere said...

It´s wonderful!

D├ębora

Pam said...

Beautiful! I love the lace on the ends of the pages!

Related Posts with Thumbnails