Saturday, November 14, 2009

I Feel All Warm and Fuzzy Now. Thank you!

Gosh I'm so glad I asked you all to share stories instead of just leaving your name! Truly wonderful stories. Tug at your heartstring stories from Alicia's grandparents going back to work after retiring to support her and her brothers and Pam's grandma driving every Friday, in spite of going through chemo, to pick up her oldest son from daycare, and Kimber-Leigh thinking of her grandparents' sacrifice when college seemed overwhelming. Funny stories like Kristi's grandma handing her a dollar during the church service - but not for the collection plate - and Michelle's grandma sharing her secret fortune. And stories of people who aren't grandparents but are still seen as filling the important role of nurturing that need to feel special like Micayla's in-laws do for her kids and Rebecca's mom and Melissa's dad.

If you haven't read through all the stories, you should! I got some great ideas on how to earn my Superman cape from my future grandkids. I'm starting with Camp Grammy PawPaw every Sunday including a room in the tent decorated just for them where we'll make a huge meal of meatballs and rootbeer floats, pound cake and jello with fruit that we'll eat in our "restaurant" off of tables they build in my workshop with the window where they look over our cucumber and watermelon patches. At night we'll play Wahoo and eat cookies and not cry over spilt milk.

When they leave, I'll tell them I'll miss them like the dickens and after I'm gone, they'll still carry on the tradition.

Whew! You all just made my grandparent years very full and rewarding!

Truly, thank you for sharing your stories.

Annnnd, the winners of the boxes of scrapbook supplies are Jayna and Katrina! Email me your shipping address, girls!


Jayna
November 12, 2009 6:41:00 AM PST

True Random Number Generator

Min:
Max:
Result:
15
Powered by RANDOM.ORG


AND


Katrina
November 12, 2009 9:47:00 AM PST

True Random Number Generator

Min:
Max:
Result:
18
Powered by RANDOM.ORG
Pin It!

3 comments:

Jayna said...

Woo hoo! So excited! Sending you an email now!!

LollyChops said...

Congrats to the winners! I am going to read the stories now!

Jayna said...

Hi Kendra! Got the package on Wednesday! Thank you for all the awesome scrapbooking goodies!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails