Sunday, November 15, 2009

New Fiskars Project!

A new article on making holiday wall hangings went up on the Fiskars website today. This is my contribution.
christmas wall quilt finished 2

I've been wanting for a long time to learn how to embroider. I finally sat down and, using a book for direction, did it!

christmas wall quilt 2a


christmas wall quilt 2b

Be sure to go to the website and look at the article. Lisa Storms used her uncanny vision for transforming shapes into fantastic paper piecings to create a beautiful snowflake from a tree template. And Susan Weinroth worked her magic on a Christmas tree wall quilt, using a freemotion stippling stitch to quilt it. I had just tried to do this on a project of my own today but my machine didn't come with a darning foot. I'll be hunting for one tomorrow. Very cool so check it out!
Pin It!

5 comments:

LollyChops said...

This is lovely! I just busted out my darning foot about a month ago. It's really fun but kinda tricky to get the hang of! Good luck in finding one!

Micayla said...

Oh my this is just gorgeous!

Liz said...

OH Kendra, this is beautiful! I can't believe this is the first time you have embroidered, you did a great job.

jkhenson said...

This is so wonderful! I have so many ideas brewing now.... ! :))

Kristi Smith said...

I am so behind on reading blogs.

This is so cute. You are so crafty and gifted.

No wonder you didn't have time to come to KC. lol

Related Posts with Thumbnails