Tuesday, November 24, 2009

New Fiskars Project!

This is the last of my projects for the November Project A Day on the Fiskars website.

home finished

I used the lyrics to one of my favorite songs by Michael Card to make a small framed art piece with the theme of "home", writing them out on angel wings I cut from crepe paper. If you can't read my scrawl, the lyrics are:

Home is a comfort
And home is a light
A place to leave the darkness outside
Home is a peaceful and ever-full feeling
A place where a soul safely hides

And being at home
Should remind you that still
There's a place that's prepared
Just for you
And I think my home
Is just heaven's reflection
As long as my home's here with you

Home is where someone is waiting and loving
And happy to see you again
That half of your heart
That somebody else treasures
The one who's you forever-friend

But it seems that He's told me
The life that He's showing me
Is a life mostly spent on the road
And when the world's empty charm
Has done all of its harm
I know that His love waits for me in your arms

I can't even begin to guess how many times I've listened to this song over the years. Combine the lyrics with Celtic music and I still find comfort in it!

Instructions and a full supply list can be found here.
Pin It!

3 comments:

betsy (pharmgirl) said...

oh dear gosh - this is incredible!

cherish.photography said...

super cute!

Lisa M. Pace said...

This is incredible... will you be at CHA-W? I would love to meet you in person.

Related Posts with Thumbnails