Saturday, January 16, 2010

Day 16/365

When I got up this morning, I predicted today would be cloudy with a chance of bread pudding. It was perfectly gloomy grey day.


bread pudding jan 16
And would you look at that.

I have another prediction. I predict it will be the best bread pudding you ever put in your mouth. Try it!


Holiday Bread Pudding with Whiskey Sauce

6-8 c. dry bread
4 c. milk
2 c. sugar
1/2 c. melted butter
3 eggs, beaten
2 Tbs Vanilla
1 c. raisins
1 c. coconut
1 c. chopped pecans
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg

Preheat oven to 350. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Pour into a 9 x 12 baking dish. Bake 1 hr. 15 min.

Whiskey Sauce
1 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. butter
3-4 Tbs. bourbon (optional)

Heat all 3 ingredients in a heavy saucepan over medium heat until boiling. Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Pin It!

3 comments:

Kristi Smith said...

Sorry, me no likey bread pudding. But your pic looks fab. :)

momma_arch said...

I want to know how you cook so much and still stay so little

Kimber-Leigh said...

yum. i love bread pudding. and i have those dishes :) it's foggy here today...sounds ideal! thanks for the recipe!

Related Posts with Thumbnails