Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Day 46/365

time travelers wife feb 15
I can't put this down. The language isn't at all challenging but that's fine. I find myself sidetracked enough trying to keep up with the changing age differences and trying to wrap my brain around why he doesn't recognize Clare when he meets her in the present but he knows her in her past and in her future. (ETA: Now that I'm more into their present, I get it!)

Shawn looked at it on the table yesterday and said, "You realize that was on TV last night, right?" I'm trying to do things a little differently this year. I'm reading the book before I see the movie. I want to see if I experience that whole the-book-was-better-than-the-movie thing, which really kind of confounds me, that I want to be disappointed in movies! So I'm giving it a try with this one. And next up, The Lovely Bones.
Pin It!

3 comments:

Kristi Smith said...

Can you believe we watched it last night? I think the book has to be better. I almost fell asleep. And I wondered the same things you did as I watched the movie.

Vel said...

This book is in my all-time top 10. I read it a couple years ago while camping and was sitting out by an almost dead fire, leaning down as far as I could to finish up the last chapter...at 2 a.m.! SUCH a fabulous book. And I just put the movie on my netflix list too. I also try to read the book before seeing the movie...doesn't always work but I find it more exciting that way. :)

mom2christopher said...

I just finished reading this a couple weeks ago! Great read. Now I'm reading 'The Lovely Bones.' :) Kathy

Related Posts with Thumbnails