Friday, March 5, 2010

After a Week of More Than One Sleepless Night . . .

I'm playing catch up today.
  • Just a little bit of photo editing since I missed more days than I didn't this week for Project 365.
  • Ordering product to make some pretty things for Frost It Pink.
  • A little garden clean up to get ready for something I'm really looking forward to. Starting April 1, I'll have a bi-weekly article running in the Gardening section on the Fiskars website. I'll be sharing the progress of my garden as it grows, recipes using what we grow, ways to bring pretty things you make into your garden and ways to bring the things you grow into your home to make it pretty. I'm a bit nervous about it because I'm far from a master gardener. I'm a mom and a wife who, although I've had a garden of some sort every year for the last 16 years, sometimes grows things just don't work out they way they're supposed to. But this whole series is about keeping things real. If I find myself in those situations, you'll read about them. I'm sure you'll see a photo or two of hornworms. We'll be sweaty and dirty. I'm sure there will be people out there shaking their heads at me as they read my processes. But that's OK. I'm writing to moms and wives and anyone else who also isn't a master gardener and is maybe a little intimidated by the idea of gardening, but interested. Hopefully I can make you feel more comfortable with the idea of just diving in and learning as you go! I want to show you that in spite of a few glitches, gardening leaves you with far more benefits than those annoying little obstacles.
  • Getting my blog list under control. I counted this morning and I have 115 blogs bookmarked. And they're all lumped together in one folder. I signed up for Google reader a while back but I still prefer just checking them from my bookmarked list. I don't like going to Google Reader and seeing that I have 154 new entries to read. I just need to get them organized by blog types so when I feel like reading about quilting or scrapbooking or photography, I can focus on actually reading rather than searching through the entire list.
  • A little Photoshop practice because I'm still doing that thing where I overthink (I can't do this) my blog redesign.
    musicA little sidenote, I always thought James Taylor wanted to be my Candyman. You know, when you're a kid, candy will fix anything so it made sense back then. And he specifically points out that he's not the kind to use a pencil or rule. And all my friends will want to run to him. Well of course, if he's passing out Snickers bars they will! It didn't dawn on my until I was listening to it yesterday that he's saying Handyman. Don't hate me because I'm goofy. I haven't heard it in a long, long time! Honestly, I'm a little disappointed that, just like Santa and the Easter Bunny, the Candyman is a big fat lie.
  • And the most important item on my list for today, a picnic with Will.

Hope you all have a fun-filled weekend!
Pin It!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Kendra, I love the idea of the garden blog you'll be doing, bookmarking it now.
Hoping the 24 inches of snow here in New Jersey melts really fast so I can get into the garden in April sometime.
Michelle

Related Posts with Thumbnails