Saturday, April 10, 2010

It's Finally Time To Share!

Remember this photo from a couple of months ago?
new fabric feb 22


Well I made it into these.
handmade make up bag and coin purse


For those of you who wanted to know what I was going to do with the zippers.
handmade make up bag and coin purse 2
I get tired of nylon zippers that break. I'm confident this zipper will far outlive the coin purse!


The coin purse and cosmetic bag tutorial can be found on the Fiskars website.

Something I'd like to mention, articles on the Fiskars website serve a different purpose than projects. Articles are supposed to be more general in nature whereas projects are supposed to be completely stepped out. I have a hard time sticking to the general information format of the articles and always try to step them out enough that any of you who want to make the projects will (hopefully) have enough information to get through the project with (hopefully) little figuring out on your own. These projects were a little more involved but were written as an article so I hope I've provided enough information for you to figure out each step!

I also hope you're all having a fantastic weekend!
Pin It!

6 comments:

Tammy Moore said...

These are fabulous! It's seeing projects like this that make me wish I could sew! :)

Pam said...

If only I could sew on more than paper! Those are adorable!

Kendra said...

Pam, you should learn to sew! The only sewing training I ever had was 7th grade Home Ec. and I got a B- on my super-simple 9-patch pillow since the squares didn't meet perfectly at all the corners. You can learn from books and internet tutorials!

Liz in MO said...

Wow, Kendra those are amazing!!!! I am truly in awe of your sewing, it's great/

Kathy Martin said...

Adorable! Those fabrics are so pretty and colorful! :)

Kristi Smith said...

These are so cute!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails