Monday, May 3, 2010

A Little W(h)ine and Some Flowers

For the past few days, it seemed like I just haven't been able to get enough sleep. Then the weirdest thing happened. My seasonal allergies returned. I haven't had a problem with them since before I had Caelan. Lots of sneezing and tingly sinuses. And yesterday I woke up and said, "Uh, DUH!" Sore throat. Not an allergy sore throat. A sick sore throat. There's something really wrong with looking out the window at blue skies and bright green trees, hearing the birds singing and smelling fresh air come through the windows and being wrapped up in a blanket achy and shivering. I'm hoping it will pass quickly.

I have a few Fiskars-related things to share today. First, my latest article about preventive care in the garden and how NOT to get caught up in over-doing it is up on the website. I think some people make gardening way more complicated than it needs to be and, in the process, make gardening intimidating to their friends and family who don't garden but would like to. So go read the article and decide to go rogue with me! When you reach the end of the article and you're thinking, Gee, she needs to have someone proof read her articles. Regiment? Really? please don't laugh too hard. Some insects are so brutal to plants that they really do deserve military ground forces coming after them. Regimen, regiment. You can give me a little leeway on this one, right? At least while I beg Fiskars to change it for me?

Second, my article on creating a Mother's Day flower basket is up on the website, as well. mother's day rose basket 1 for blog
You'll find basic steps on going from this


mother's day rose basket for blog
to this.


mother's day rose basket garland for blog
You can make this little banner using a few punches and some letter stickers.


mother's day rose basket card for blog
And you can make this card in about 10 minutes.

The final presentation of the gift basket is a lot more impressive than the quick and easy process of creating it.

Finally, but the thing that will eventually make one person happier than anything else they read here today, a chance for you to win $500 of craft tools from Fiskars. You have until June 20 to share the opportunity with your friends!
Pin It!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Hope you feel better soon, Kendra. Love the pretty basket ! Off to read your gardening article - which I am loving - by the way.

Jody said...

So gorgeous, Kendra!
Feel better :)

Anonymous said...

This is so adorable!!!! I'm gonna have to create something like this for my mom -- "just because"
Amy / Frost it Pink

Related Posts with Thumbnails