Monday, July 12, 2010

Ice Cream Party!

We dropped Caelan off at a week-long baseball camp yesterday. It's his first time away from home so the mood is pretty melancholy around our house today. I hope he's enjoying this more than the rest of us are! I think a visit to 3G's Frozen Custard is in the cards for Will and me today. We'll drown our sorrows in ice cream!

On the subject of ice cream, I have a new article up on the Fiskars website. If you don't already know, July 18 is National Ice Cream Day so I wrote and article and shared some very easy projects for celebrating the day.


ice cream party invite for Fiskars


ice cream party cone cozy for Fiskars
Oh how I wish someone had come up with this ingenious idea for ice cream cozies when my kids were toddlers! They'd have enjoyed a lot more ice cream cones on car rides. Easy-peasy to make using washcloths and 6" squares of fabric printed with a fun pattern.


ice cream party sandwiches for Fiskars
I ♥ Emeril. Found this recipe on the Food Network website. This is not only an ice cream sandwich recipe, it's also my new sugar cookie recipe. No rolling and cutting. Rolling and cutting are the reason my kids will grow up and say I failed as a mother, depriving them of a fundamental childhood memory. I'm banking on this recipe redeeming me because I plan to make them often.


ice cream party sundae for Fiskars


More information on how to make these Ice Cream Party projects can be found on the Fiskars website.

ETA: Someone just pointed out that I forgot to link the ice cream sandwich recipe! So here you go.
Pin It!

2 comments:

Kristi Smith said...

Wow, I had not read blogs for awhile . . . all of this is SOOOO cute. Like, super duper cute. ;)

I love your pics. I want to take pics like you when I grow up.

I love those ice cream cozies!

Danielle said...

ok those are super creative!! i am off to copy that recipe now! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails