Wednesday, September 29, 2010

New Fiskars Project!

Halloween wall quilt for Fiskars

I have a new project up on the Fiskars website. I made a small Halloween-themed wall quilt but decided to use non-traditional colors. I thoroughly enjoy how Halloween unites communities. I love the little kids running around excited about both their costumes and how their little pails are filling with child's gold. I love the jack-o-lanterns. One thing I don't love is the gore. People walking around with blood dripping from their mouth or blood stained knives? No thanks. I'm a cute Halloween kind of person. So I made my quilt cute! I still used elements typical of Halloween. I just used soft colors and gingham and calico prints. Shawn rolled his eyes when he saw it and said something about how I can find a way to work turquoise into anything. It's true!

Halloween wall quilt for Fiskars
I also worked in some machine stitching and beads.


Halloween wall quilt for Fiskars
The oh-so-popular banner hanging from the stars.


Halloween wall quilt for Fiskars
Some punched paper and hand stitching. These sweet patterned papers from the Quite Contrary line were provided by My Mind's Eye.


Halloween wall quilt for Fiskars
And I finished it off with a few more beads, a border handstiched with yarn, and a swiss dot ribbon hanger.

You can find a supply list and more information on the Fiskars tools I used to make this Halloween wall quilt on the Fiskars website.
Pin It!
Related Posts with Thumbnails