Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Senior Photos

A few weeks back, I did my first Senior photo session. I have people ask me all the time to take their family photos, wedding photos, etc. While it's something I have under serious consideration for the future, right now it's just not something I feel like God has in His plan for me. I know a lot of people who love photography, start businesses, and end up burned out very quickly because the time commitment doesn't work with their family's lifestyle. I don't want that to be the case for me. I (hopefully!) have plenty of years of child-free years ahead of me when I can do photography the way I want to do it.

I also know I still have a lot to learn. Posing people and styling photos doesn't come naturally to me and it's something I'll need to really work on. And I want to take some Photoshop classes. And I can't do it all with my 50mm lens. And my little beat up Nikon D80 is almost 5 years old. And . . . you get my point! My heart isn't in it right now.

kaelie 9
Every once in awhile I let someone talk me into doing photos for them. And I just couldn't say no to this girl. Kaelie is my friend Kelly's daughter.


kaelie 5
And as you can see, she's GORGEOUS.


kaelie
She's actually a GORGEOUS TOMBOY. She and Caelan used to race together but they've both moved on to different kinds of race cars.


And a few more that I've edited.
kaelie 8

kaelie 7

kaelie 4

kaelie 2

Thanks Kaelie and Kelly for letting me get a little experience under my belt!
Pin It!

11 comments:

haggith said...

those photos are absolutely stunning, Kendra. What do photos look like when you have your heart in it!?!!!
Kaelie is one gorgeous girl! And so lucky to have these shots!!!

Jayna said...

These are absolutely gorgeous!

Kendra said...

I didn't mean I wasn't happy with how they turned out! I did better than I thought I could do. I just meant my heart isn't in the business side of it yet. : ) Thank you!

sasha Holloway said...

they turned out beautiful .. WOW you did an amazing job. I wish you lived closer to take pics of hubby and I with our boys in uniform ..

love them

Kristi Smith said...

I think they are gorgeous!!! Esp. love the one of her in the helmet. Very cool.

momma_arch said...

As usual kendra excelled in her talent!! Thank you so much for doing this for us. Kaelie is very happy with how they turned out, and we loved spending some time with you. Senior pictures are never forgotten that's why we asked you to be part of them. Never doubt your talent!!

fRAN's bLOG said...

KENDRA, WOW, WOW!!! I love them all! You are so talented!!! You want to take my 40 year pics!? :) Thanks for sharing :)

Ralph Grant said...

Great job on the images. I love the helmet picture. Did you light her or shoot ambient? I see some rectangular catch lights in her eyes but no highlights on the helmet.

Kendra said...

It was ambient, Ralph. Lucky that I got it. You can see the sunset reflection in her helmet. It was nearly dark so this one was handheld at f.2 1/13. The next photos were taken 8 minutes later and we used car headlights and off-camera flash to light her!

Courtney Walsh said...

gorgeous!!!

tammy said...

Wow! what photos! What do you mean you don't know how to pose people? I am so not seeing a problem with that here!!! Stunning! I understand about the burnt out thing though...that could happen real quick if it's not what you should be doing at this time in your life. But I must reassure you that when you do, you already got it going on girlfriend! Blessings!

Related Posts with Thumbnails