Friday, November 5, 2010

Cleaning Up This Mickey Mouse Operation

Harper's first mouse
I've been reflecting on my last blog entry and realize that my excuse for not taking photos of Will on Halloween was a shallow attempt to disguise my laziness. I had my camera in my hand and didn't take a single photo that night?


Harper's first mouse 2
Being a "noticer" it's my duty (and pleasure) to take photos of all the things that make life full and rich. God gave me a gift for preserving those memories in photos and words. And I just stood there and "enjoyed watching him."


Harper's first mouse 3
Well no more excuses. It's time to snap out of this lull I've gotten myself into. It's time to whip myself back into shape. I vow to leave nothing undocumented.


Harper's first mouse 4
And that's how it came to be that you, my dear friends, get to witness Haper's first success as a mouser.


Harper's first mouse 5
Such a proud mommy I am. She's been forgiven for peeing on the cooktop manual. And a scrapbook layout (it was a layout about the dog, after all). And even for peeing on Will's new quilt that I made. Now I just need to figure out my layout for this one. What memorabilia do I preserve? Do I encapsulate the skeleton or just the tail? Or maybe a few of the 50,000 mouse turds in my sewing room? Ooo. I think the fur would add great texture. So many possibilities.

It's so good to be back, to have rediscovered my roots. I realize I've let you guys down, too. Some of you have been with me for years and losing my way has deprived you of that I-feel-like-I-really-know-her bond we've formed. Well no more.

I'm off now to clean chicken poop off the driveway. And I have a fresh battery and newly formatted memory card!

P.S. The label of noticer was borrowed from a comment left on on Stacy Julian's blog as an alternative to the word (which I've never liked) scrapbooker.
Pin It!

8 comments:

Liz in MO said...

You should be so proud!!! And she is a beautiful little kitty. Notice I am trying to not mention the "you know what"????

Anonymous said...

Great post. I love kittens and cats, but after the last one we had, who peed everywhere all the time, I swore there would not be another one. So far, so good.

Kathy R

Pam said...

Way to go kitty! I knew she would make a cat lover out of you! ;) She's good starting so young!

jkhenson said...

Good kitty! :)) I have to tell you, my first thought after seeing pic 1 was that it was one of the fake mice from your pumpkin photo... Then I thought, no, this is Kendra! :)) What a cute kitten-and mouse droppings are NOT good for crafting rooms! :)

Farmers 8 Daughters said...

LOL Glad you are "back"

Though rodents are still one of my grossest things, (like I said in my last comment), I have been known to blog about them as well HEHE

And I played with chicken poop today too :-)

Kristi Smith said...

That is disgusting.

Poor Stuart.

;)

Kristi Smith said...

I just showed this to Matt and noticed the title this time . . .

Poor Mickey.

Kendra said...

I'll get some of those live traps and send all those cute little Mickeys to you Kristi! ; )

Related Posts with Thumbnails