Monday, December 6, 2010

Hanging Up Our Hats

On Saturday, I turned in my very last project for Fiskars for the year. I'm hanging up my hat, but only temporarily. It feels very strange to have no deadlines looming, with no definite idea when I will again! It's all studying and Christmas preparation from here to the end of the year. Then even more studying after New Years.

I'm really excited about the project I just finished! It's an article for January so it will be a couple of weeks before I can share it. I think it's one that a lot of people will be able to adapt to fit their own life and hope some of you will make one along with me. I don't know if this is mean or helpful but I'll give you a bit of a peek at it.

peek for blog 3



I also have a new project up on the Fiskars website. This is the last of the projects I made for Will's room.
hat hanger finished  for blog

His hat collection is what you see hanging on the wall when you look into his room and I got tired of seeing a pile of them on the floor because they wouldn't stay stacked on the hooks of the traditional hat rack we had hanging there. I found a Simplicity pattern for this kids' hat hanger and couldn't wait to make it. I just know this is the solution! You can stack the hats 3 or 4 deep in each strapped section so I can't think of a good reason I'll ever see another hat on the floor. It also makes finding and putting away hats easier for Will. You can find a list of supplies and general instructions for how I used the pattern to make this hat hanger on the Fiskars website.

I'm a little behind but we're starting our Christmas preparation today. Will and I are making a Jesse Tree this year. I vowed not to make it into a complicated, frustrating project that we'll never finish. It's completley kid-friendly. And I won't be a hovering spoil-the-fun mother when he's working on it!

I'll be back to share photos of the things we do to celebrate throughout the Christmas season. I LOVE Christmas traditions so if you want to share yours, please leave a comment!
Pin It!

1 comment:

Farmers 8 Daughters said...

What is a Jesse tree?

I'm always looking for new traditions as we don't have too many. Though the older my boys get, it's hard to start new ones, as it seems they are so unwilling to do what "Mom" likes these days.

Related Posts with Thumbnails