Sunday, January 23, 2011

New Kits Available

About a year ago, Amy from Frost It Pink asked me to join her design team. I agreed and between my busy schedule delaying placing an order for supplies and the unusually long back-order status of some of those items, it's nearly a year later that my first projects are finally available for purchase. If you don't know about Frost It Pink, Amy puts together kits of all the supplies you need to make the projects we design and ships them out with step-by-step instructions for the projects.


frost it pink vintage banner
My first kit includes all the supplies to make this vintage-inspired banner. Banners are really popular right now and they're fun. I made this banner more on the pretty side than the cute side with the idea that it could be used with everyday decor rather than just as a party or holiday decoration. Since the base of each panel is a 7 Gypsies book cover, the banner is nice and sturdy. I thought that instead of a banner, using some extra cardstock or patterned paper for interior page, the supplies could also be used to make a very textured mini book with muslin tie binding.


frost it pink vintage banner 2
A closer look at the details.


frost it pink vintage banner 3
There are enough supplies left over to make this individual panel and you still end up with most of a bottle of Tim Holtz Crackle Paint, most of a package of Thickers silver glitter alphas, most of a sheet of Grunge board, a small set of Prima bird stamps, and some of the 7-Gypsies Victoria tags. All the fabric you need is included and it's already cut to the right sizes.


frost it pink recipe holder

My second project uses a 7 Gypsies Photo Tray. I'd been dying to get my hands on one of these and do something a little different with it. I used it to make a recipe holder. Again, everything including the muslin is in the kit. I used one sticker off the October Afternoon sticker sheet in the kit so there are a lot left over that could be used to embellish the small slips of paper in front of the recipe cards in each slot. And there are plenty of alpha stickers to put whatever word you like on the banner.

I get most of my recipes off the internet anymore and I'm one who slips the recipe card in the trim of my cabinet door to keep it out of all the food during preparation. So this method works wonderfully for me. Photos and links to these projects will be in my side bar if you're interested in purchasing either one.

About the Frye boots, Shawn also like the Veronica and Belted Harness best and I've had a really hard time deciding between them. I think the Belted Harness are more my style and more practical for me but this is supposed to be a treat so I'm ordering the Veronicas today. And that means my weekend is ending very well! I hope you all had a fantastic weekend, too!
Pin It!

2 comments:

Farmers 8 Daughters said...

Fun kits - one of my friends (though I don't see her anymore since I moved 3 years ago) has a kit business like this. It's www.thebuttonfarm.com

Enjoy your boots! I am keeping my fingers crossed that a nice pair like these will show up at Salvation Army or Goodwill :-) I did see a pair of Italian leather ones in my size last week for $6.99, and I was so excited....but they wouldn't zip up over my "muscular" calves HEHE

Margery Viverette said...

Oh I love that banner! I think it fits with my iron cabinet. My hubby is helping me with redesigning the kitchen and he hand-forged some of the furniture to make changes with the design. I'm still thinking of what paint color we should pick for the doors, though. I want a vintage inspired kitchen. HEHE!

Related Posts with Thumbnails