Friday, February 25, 2011

Evaluating

Saturday walk
I've neglected my blog again. I've gone through another one of my phases where I evaluate whether blogging is something God really wants me to spend my time doing. My number of followers has declined considerably over the last year and a half or so. My natural tendency is to always look at something like that with the thought of if He wanted me to do it, my numbers would grow, not decline. Thinking and praying over it the past few weeks I've come away with a different perspective. If we're lazy, He's not going to reward us. Simply put, because of laziness my blog is outdated. I've had the same banner since I started blogging about 5 years ago. I don't link to other inspirational blogs so why would anyone link mine? I haven't made access to my content easy for my readers. There are a whole lot of much cooler looking, better organized blogs out there! It was a lengthy evaluation with comparisons to examples of laziness and whining in the bible so it's not just one of those I-want-this-and-I'm-going-to-make-it-happen things. I do believe I'm supposed to be sharing and trying to be an encouragement. Now I just need to get with the times and get things shaped up around here! I need to get my mind with the times, too, and remember that there are lots of you who follow in a reader so I don't see your presence here. And if I do make some changes but my numbers stay where they are, well that's OK too. I'll still enjoy sharing and connecting with those of you whom I've met because of this blog!

Love this photo I'm sharing today. It's from last weekend. We had Will's 9th birthday party and I let him choose the activities. We were looking around Walmart and he found Pin the Tail On the Donkey. He asked what it was so I started getting nostalgic and explaining how you play. He looked at me with zero excitement and said, "That sounds dumb." No amount of playing up the fun and laughter at watching someone blindly trying to stick a tail on the butt of a donkey could convince him. He wanted to go to the creek and throw rocks so that's what we did. Not your tradtional party activity. This photo is proof that he knew better than I what constitutes a good time for a group of kids! This was poorly exposed so there's a lot of grain in it. And I took as I swung my camera up from my hip so the composition was nonexistent. But there are so many little details that I love. Caelan and Allie holding hands. Allie's little brother, who pretends to not approve of their relationship, jumping in to try and break them up. Throughout the day, he'd been going right between them but he slipped up here and went around to the other side revealing that he was really enjoying the connection with Caelan more than he was trying to separate them. One of my favorite captures because of what it reveals about their relationships. Our relationships, both the simplicity and the complexity of them, are what life is all about.
Pin It!

8 comments:

Meshell said...

I think your doing a great job. Everyone is busy, and you wouldn't be the great mom that you are if you spent all your time blogging. Just keep doing what you do, and we will keep enjoying a break from our day by reading about it. Good job!

Beck said...

Don't stop! Lots of us still love you and still subscribe! :) Do what makes you happy and what breathes some life into your day. xoxo

Pam said...

I for one will be very sad if you stop!

staceykingman said...

I subscribe to you in Google Reader!

Jarred said...

I love my little dose of 'Kendra' humor here and there! Would love it everyday but then we wouldn't be out there making memories but sitting at our computers....so do what you need to but PLEASE come back and share your funnies and encouragements here.....pretty please!!??!!!

tammy said...

ooops! guess my soon left his account up and I didn't even notice it before I clicked enter...it's really me...

Farmers 8 Daughters said...

You do what God shows you :-)

You are inspiring even in that you are giving it to Him! Thanks for sharing that - we sometimes forget to use Him as our guide and need that reminder.

Anonymous said...

love your blog! would be sad if you stopped. :(

Related Posts with Thumbnails