Monday, May 16, 2011

Look Ma! I Scrapbooked!

Lego Love layout for blog

It's been a while! I love it when I do it and I always vow I'll make time to do it more. I even add it to my list of New Year's resolutions every year. That's probably a bad idea because we all know what happens to THOSE. Which leads me to the question, since we know the impending doom of a New Year's resolution list, why do we put things on it that we really do want to accomplish? Shouldn't we put things like, Eat an entire cheesecake every day, and Do not clean the bathroom or wash dishes for 1 full year on our lists? Then when we inevitably fail, we still succeed! Why hasn't Dr. Phil told us about this? Is Dr. Phil still giving sage advice? Did he ever give sage advice? I don't know. I don't watch afternoon television. If I had the time to, I would scrapbook instead. Or wash the breakfast dishes or clean the bathroom.

Birthday card for sketch for blog

So I made this layout and card for the Fiskars website. If you follow the link to it, I've also included a sketch (around which I forgot to put a black border)and a few words on how my feelings about sketches have evolved over the years. If you use the sketch, I hope you'll link me to it here or email me. I truly love to see what you guys do when you're inspired by something I make!

Time to go fill the sink with breakfast dishes so I'll have something to do this afternoon. Hope you all have a wonderful week!
Pin It!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

and I love it ! I think a little different style? Let's see more of this soon !

Farmers 8 Daughters said...

I have always loved everything you scrapbooked - it's what drew me to your blog all those years ago when I found you on ebay and two peas in a bucket :-)

Your techniques may have changed with new trends etc. but I still love what you create and am always excited when we get to see your pages (and cards). I love how you used the banners on both things - especially the card with the 5 and the 5 flags on the banner :-)

It's been over a year now since I have scrapbooked too, but I always enjoy it when I do. I say to my other buddies who scrapbooked and don't anymore, that we still have the stuff, and someday when life isn't so hectic, the kids are grown, etc. it will be ready and waiting for us :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails