Wednesday, June 29, 2011

While We're On the Subject of Dogs

Octodog and Shells
Is this fun or what? About a month or so ago, I caved to the whole Pinterest craze. One of the best internet discoveries ever. I thought it would be another time robber. While it probably could be, I've found it's not hard to walk away from. I'm so satisfied with the inspiring things I see in just 5 or 10 minutes that I feel like I want to get up and actually go DO some of the things I see there. And that's exactly what I've been doing. Instead of spending hours looking through blogs for a few ideas, I can go to Pinterest where everyone has worked together to compile the best of the best of in ideas. Photography. Crafts. Sewing. Scrapbooking. Inspiring words. Recipes. Fitness encouragement. It's all there.

At first I wondered if it would kill the whole concept of blogging. What I've discovered is my blog hits have actually increased because of things on my blog that have been linked on Pinterest. And I have clicked on the links to blogs I might not have otherwise so I can only imagine others are finding their blog hits increase. I'm finding more ideas and spending less time looking for them. I like that!

And Pinterest is where I found this Octodog recipe. I knew Will would love it. He got a huge smile on his face when he saw it and said, "Mom, you have to take a picture of this!" You know it's good when my kids ask me to get my camera out. Will isn't a fan of hot dogs. He only likes "public hotdogs." You know, like you buy at a baseball game or bowling alley. He said when I serve them like this they taste better. I'm told they taste like octopus, which he's never had. Whatever it takes to get him to eat them when I'm in need of a quick lunch!

The idea for these came from the blog Making Memories With Your Kids. Click on the link and it will take you to the how-to for these. I substituted little pieces of olives (Will loves olives)for the eyes.

If you're on Pinterest and would like to follow me, you can find me here.
Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails