Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Christmas Organizer

christmas minibook organizer

I missed posting this when it went live on the Fiskars website. We teamed up with Graphic 45 a couple of weeks ago and I made this Christmas organizer. I think I'm the only grown up I know who doesn't have a grown up cell phone or any electronic devices to help keep me organized.



christmas minibook organizer 2

My lists are still on paper and I have magazine clippings and print recipes off on my printer. I love how technology has made sharing inspiration so much more accessible but for me, the portability of it all just isn't there yet.



christmas minibook organizer 3

So to keep all my lists and clippings and fabric and color swatches organized for Christmas preparation this year, I used Fiskars tools and Graphic 45 supplies to make this book. Everything I used, other than the red letter stickers on the front cover, was generously provided by Graphic 45.



christmas minibook organizer 4

I was so happy with how pretty and functional the project was when I finished it. The book is a bunch of heavy-weight envelopes bound together.



christmas minibook organizer 5

My purse is "shabby" inside just like the book is so things tend to get get a little battered in it.



christmas minibook organizer bag

So I also made this bag to store it in to prevent it from getting mangled in my purse. The bag quickly pulls closed with a drawstring so while it protects the book, it's easy to use and won't leave you with a line of impatient-turned-angry shoppers in line behind you.

A tutorial and list of tools used to create this Christmas Organizer and drawstring bag can be found on the Fiskars website.
Pin It!

1 comment:

Tereza Crump aka MyTreasuredCreations said...

Did you use older Graphic 45 papers? I think the black and creamy colored papers are older, aren't they? I love how you made use of them and added the touches of green , blue and red to the album. Love it!! Made me want to get out my Graphic 45 papers and play.

Related Posts with Thumbnails