Monday, October 3, 2011

Woot! Woot!

finished!!!

Woot! Woot! That's my friend Jen's celebration call and I am excited to be using it today. It took me a year and 4 months but I've finally finished!!! After countelss quizzes over anatomy, drugs, diseases, Latin roots, grammar, medical record integrity, keyboard shortcuts, etc., and typing or editing over 1325 sample medical records, nearly 75 AAA batteries, and wearing nearly all of the letters off my keyboard, I clicked that submit button and put an end to it all today. I know it says there are 122 days left to complete the program down there in the lower left-hand corner. Not sure what that's all about. The truth is today was my deadline. I've had a daily countdown in bright red letters there for the past week and it's been on "0" since yesterday afternoon. Since June it's been my full-time focus every day but that wasn't enough. I've worked my tushy off the past few weeks trying to finish in time. For the past 2 weeks I've sat in this chair typing away for 17 hours a day so actually, I'll be surprised if I didn't work my tushy bigger rather than off. I barely squeaked my final in before having to pay for another extension. And extensions just aren't in our budget right now.

For the next two weeks I wait to see if I passed my final. I have no kids at home school. I have no coursework to complete. My garden is dead. I'll be playing catch-up and mending bridges. So if I've ignored your email, not mailed your punch, not met you for lunch, not exercised you, not dusted you, not disinfected you, not read a book to you, not had a girls' night with you, not helped you in your concession stand, not texted you back, not made sure you had decent food in your lunchbag, not baked you cookies, not done that project I promised you, or in some way made you feel like you're needs aren't important because I've not pulled my weight in our relationship, I'm excited to get back to life and having the time to reconnect with you! But first things first. I have to get reacquainted with my tweezers. I'd forgotten just how huge my eyebrows are. It's made me realize I need to add something to my to-do-in-the-future list. Electrolysis. The fact that no one has mentioned my eyebrows has made me realize I'll be left to fend for myself when my eyesight and finger dexterity are gone and I'm sitting in that rocking chair waiting for my grandchildren to come visit. From the way things look now, they'll run away screaming thinking the big, bad wolf is sitting there in my pjs.
Pin It!

3 comments:

Pam said...

Congrats on the finish! I'm sure you'll get the best grade you can get!

Jayna said...

Congratulations on finishing! My mom is a medical transcriptionist and she goes through a keyboard about once a quarter. Her fingernails wear holes in the keyboard! Ha ha!

kL said...

YAY!!! congrats kendra!!
x0x

Related Posts with Thumbnails