Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Bad Day Gone Good

Rotten day today. Totally caught off guard this morning by a phone call that didn't really bother me too much while it was happening. But as the day went on, I got more and more upset and angry. Not angry at the person but angry at the situation. By the time the boys got home from school I had red, puffy eyes. Shawn wasn't here. I don't get like that very often but when I do, he's my sounding board and helps me put things back in perspective. Caelan stepped up. After a hug and listening, he said, "Quit worrying about it. It's done and there's nothing you can do about it now." And he was right. Sometimes there really isn't a fix. He didn't join in my pity party or, worse, "support" me with comments of indignation. He's made me so proud (the good kind, not the arrogant kind) lately with some of our discussions. He's breaking free from us, solving his own problems and making his own decisions so wisely. He's becoming a man. Bittersweet but I'm at ease with the direction he's taking. So after our talk, we ate the Panera Potato Soup I made with LOTS of bacon and cheese. I spent time with my sewing machine (even though its bulb is burned out). And we listened to music all night. A few of my favorites from the night.


(Embedding is disabled on the official video. Boo.)



(My favorite right now. I'd be embarrassed if anyone saw iTunes library and how many times I've listened to the songs on this CD!)










(And the last one led to this one. Will and I watch this one a lot. We wish we were in the video. He wishes he could wear the mustache. I wish I was coordinated enough to even do this little bit of dancing.)



(Unfortunately, this is a little more similar to how I dance.)



(Even more unfortunate is that this is an even better representation.)

Putting will to bed and then I have a little more time to run that Switchfoot song count up higher!
Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails