Monday, February 20, 2012

Fabric Covered Letters

fabric covered letters

I have a new project, these fabric covered letters, up on the Fiskars site. It didn't turn out quite the way I envisioned. When I went to Hobby Lobby to buy letters, I didn't realize just how popular they were going to be.

fabric covered letters 1

After visiting 4 different Hobby Lobby stores, and one of them two different weekends, DAD was the only word I was able to spell with the letters that were still available! Not that DAD doesn't work out just fine. If you like to do handmade Father's Day gifts, this is definitely one to file away for later. Dad, his name, a nickname your kids have for him. I just had a more feminine project in mind when I planned this out in January. An inspiring word. Maybe if you are doing Ali's One Little Word you could incorporate it with this idea. Might I suggest that you look for your letters online instead of banking on your local Hobby Lobby having what you need? You can find a step-by-step tutorial for making fabric covered letters like these on the Fiskars website.
Pin It!

1 comment:

Cindy deRosier said...

I love it! And I am totally cracking up that you had to visit so many different stores just to spell that one word. I imagine that was incredibly frustrating, but it makes a funny mental picture- you with Q's and J's spread on the floor, hoping and praying that you'll find a vowel as you dig through bins.

Related Posts with Thumbnails