Thursday, March 22, 2012

Odds and Ends

Totally random today.

03-22-12  Garden Planning
Lots of this. I'm behind on my garden planning. I don't have any of my seeds started yet and that's a bad thing. I was going to cut way back this year since I'm not sure how well I'll do at balancing working and a big garden. Pinterest sabotaged my plan. I found so many good recipes for preserving foods last year, foods that I didn't have all the ingredients for, that I ended up adding to the size of my garden instead of reducing it. Fortunately Shawn likes gardening (a full pantry) and he's in charge of all of the labor this year so he didn't mind.


Forgotten God
Reading this right now. Forgotten God by Francis Chan. I was supposed to have it finished a few months back for the book club I'm in but toward the end of the month I was rushing through it trying to finish in time. I got so far behind mulling over what I was reading that there's no way I would have finished on time. This one is not a quick read for me. There were a lot of things in it that I wanted to slow down and think more about. So that's what I've done. I even went back and started over since I got sidetracked by last month's book. Forgotten God is about how we as Christians have God and we have Jesus but the Holy Spirit is, guess what comes next . . . forgotten. I have to admit this is very true in my own life, which is why I think I was already taken back by page 2 of the introduction when I read, What if you grew up on a desert island with nothing but the Bible to read? Imagine being rescued after twenty years and then attending a typical evangelical church. Chances are you'd be shocked (for a whole lot of reasons, but that's another story). Having read the Scriptures outside the context of contemporary church culture, you would be convinced that the Holy Spirit is as essential to a believer's existence as air is to staying alive. I think about God and Jesus constantly throughout my day. Rarely do I think about the Holy Spirit. I'm anxious to see what a difference having "air" will make in my life.


succulents
Next up, I have a new article up on the Fiskars website about keeping succulents indoors.

And now, it's off to work I go! Tonight I'll be working on some top-secret crafty projects. I love those. I get to work with really cool things while thinking about how excited people will be when it's not top secret anymore and they get to use them, too. It makes the creating part even more fulfilling. Being able to share these can't come soon enough!
Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails