Thursday, April 12, 2012

How To Make a Chevron Pillow

20 minutes until I have to start work and I haven't made my kids their breakfast yet. And I still need to throw in a load of laundry. And here I sit, blogging. That's the beauty of working from home. It's a procrastinator's dream. You never leave home too late to get to work on time.

I noticed a few days ago that the "Pin It" button for pinning things from my blog to Pinterest wasn't allowing people to pin my photos. I've had a problem with my photos looking terrible in the default photo they show on Flickr. It's my own fault because of the amount of sharpening I use on my photos. I haven't figured out yet how you work around that in the default photo, or if you can, so I had all my photos set to private. That's been changed. They just look terrible on Flickr but since people rarely look at my photos there, I supposed it doesn't really matter anyway!

I just wanted to share a new project I have up on the Fiskars website. I'm so fascinated with all the variations of a pattern that is as simple as chevron is. I found several quilts on Pinterst and thougth I'd try the idea out on a pillow. This is so simple to piece.


chevron pillow 1
You start with this (I ended up eliminating some of the colors when I started piecing it). . .


chevron pillow
And you end up with this.

A tutorial for making a chevron pillow like this one can be found on the Fiskars website.

And now I'm off to get ready for work!
Pin It!

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Thanks for the tutorial. I am going to go out to my new room from backyardrooms.com and make one!

Related Posts with Thumbnails