Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day and Wise Words From Daniel Boone

05-13-2012 mother's day

Yesterday was Mother's Day.  I had to work from 6-10 in the morning and was completely unmotivated.  After that, Caelan and I went to church.  We got to sing some David Crowder.  The sermon was on my idol, the Proverbs 31 woman.  I heard a fantastic, fresh perspective on the whole passage.  And now I want even more to be like her because it seems more attainable. More attainable without even compromising the integrity of her character. It was a pretty fantastic morning because it helped me sort out the struggle I've been having with how to transition from trying to be a Proverbs 31 woman who doesn't work full time to trying to be one who does. 

We came home for a little bit and then headed next door to my in-laws' for dinner.  People always get a frightened look on their face when I say that my in-laws live next door.  Next door is 1/2 mile away.  We followed Daniel Boone's advice on living near your in-laws/parents when we built our house.  If you can see the smoke from your in-laws' chimney, you live too close.  Maybe that's not exactly what he said.  But it's close enough.

And this is my favorite photo of the day.
Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails