Friday, June 1, 2012

A Book On Life

Burlap book cover detail
Another peek at my book and the theme I chose to use. If you're a Switchfoot fan, you recognize the title. Since the kit will include all the materials to make the book yourself, starting with an unfinished wood base, you can choose any title you want to fit your theme. About once a year I stop and break down all the pieces of my life and evaluate them. I'm there right now. I journal a lot about life anyway. Since I always try to focus on the positive things in life, I can get either too complacent or, if I'm going through a rough time, too discouraged. I have to stop once in awhile and really examine each area of life individually. I dig deep, thinking about where I've come from, where I am, where I think I'm supposed to go. It's really uncomfortable because I never come away feeling like "Yeah, I have this all figured out." I always have a list of things that make me feel inadequate. But it also makes me focus and leaves me feeling ambitious, more aware that there's more to life than just existing through our routine day to day. I break it all down and then it's more clear how it all works together. And I always come away more appreciative of the life I have. So that's how I used this book. Cheap therapy both through the journaling and the process of making the book. Painting and gluing and chipping away at the paint, the destruction of an old thrift store book, the handwritten journaling and the mixing of textures and patterns. The kit for it should be available for purchase through Frost It Pink by the end of next week. I'll put a link to it in my sidebar when it's available!
Pin It!

1 comment:

Kate said...

This is amazing! It looks so inspiring!

Related Posts with Thumbnails